2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 24 Oct 2003 20:14:01 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Ft. Ord Burn Scheduled Today

Army's burn good to go
Fort Ord: Fire starts this morning if conditions favorable

Monterey Herald
October 24, 2003

By SUKHJIT PUREWAL
spurewal@montereyherald.com

Preparations continued in earnest Thursday for the prescribed burn to be
carried out on Fort Ord this morning.

Planes flew overhead spreading retardant around the 490 acres of brush
along Eucalyptus Road and Parker Flats Cutoff. Security was stepped up
around the perimeter and neighboring roads were closed in anticipation
of today's burn.

The area is to be ignited in an effort to collect unexploded ammunition
and explosives concealed by the towering brush.

Throughout the day, a stream of families and individuals stopped by the
Army's Environmental and Natural Resources Office to sign up for the
relocation assistance program.

for the entire article, see
http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/7093071.htm