2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 19 Nov 2003 00:11:11 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Risk for EOD Workers in Iraq

Disposal (EOD) teams in Iraq, I've been reminded by the Army Corps of
Engineers that EOD workers are finding the Iraqi environment even more
hazardous than the domestic range clearance projects they left behind.
In recent weeks, two EOD contractors have been killed, and one seriously
wounded, in Iraq.

For more information about both the casualties and the Captured Enemy
Ammunition mission, see

http://www.hnd.usace.army.mil/pao/IraqMediaKit03.asp

Lenny