2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 21 Nov 2003 20:09:56 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Dr. Mario P. Fiori Announces His Retirement

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/read.php?story_id_key=5434

Dr. Mario P. Fiori Announces His Retirement

November 20, 2003

The Army announced today that Dr. Mario P. Fiori submitted his
resignation as Assistant Secretary of the Army for Installations and
Environment, which is effective on December 15, 2003. He will then
retire after 38 years of dedicated government service as a military
officer and civilian employee and return to the private sector.

“It has been a privilege and honor to be a part of the Bush/Cheney
Administration and to serve the President, the Soldiers, the Army and
the Nation,” said Fiori.

During Dr. Fiori’s tenure as the Assistant Secretary of the Army for
Installations and Environment (ASA I&E) he had overall responsibility
for establishing Army policy for managing Army installations worldwide,
the Army’s environmental programs and the Army’s safety and health
programs.

Among Dr. Fiori’s contributions to the Army as the ASA I&E were his
innovative policies in transforming the Army’s management of
installations. The establishment of the Installation Management Agency
(IMA), the implementation of the Army’s Residential Communities
Initiative (RCI) and his environmental stewardship policies contributed
immeasurably to force readiness and a higher quality of life standard
for the Army’s Soldiers, family members and civilians.

“Our Soldiers will be better housed and served because of Dr. Fiori’s
privatization initiatives in housing, utilities, and lodging, and by
establishment of the new management agency that oversees all garrison
and post operations,” stated Acting Secretary of the Army Les Brownlee.

Mr. Geoffrey Prosch, Principal Deputy ASA (I&E), has been designated as
the Acting ASA I&E beginning on December 15, 2003.

-END-

Contact: Ms. Cynthia O. Smith, (703) 697-5344
Lt. Col. Rudolph Burwell, (703) 697-7591
Army Public Affairs, Media Relations Division