2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Stella Bourassa <Stellalogic@cfl.rr.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2004 20:22:05 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Pentagon delaying notices

What is the logic of the decision to withhold possible exposure to toxins of
former Lejeune residents information?  This is the most blatant disregard of
human life and the worse injustice imaginable!  The very thing to make 'this
study' feasible is finding as many, if not all, former residents, and
reviewing/implementing all the medical issues they have faced.  What a
heartbreaking and calloused statement to make about 'this study expected to
take years'.  How many children will die before families will have some sort
of answer or closure?  How many more children will be born to unsuspecting
parents with major medical problems?  How many of our men and women will
have to suffer physically without knowing why?  Injustice?  It is more than
that for those who 'willing' joined our military to 'serve and protect the
health and welfare of the public and environment'.

I hope someday families affected by contamination on these military sites,
will take themselves and their children, and stand before Pentagon, Senate
and Congressional members, and have them look into the eyes of those
suffering and say 'face to face' their 'official words'.

Stella