2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 16 Apr 2004 23:28:37 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Wyle Labs Norco site gets national coverage

Sign up to get FREE information from leading colleges!
Compare degrees, admissions, financial aid and more.
Study your career education options at
Collegeinformation.info.
http://click.topica.com/caab8K7aVxieSa8wsBba/ College Info

Norco, Calif., Homebuyers Were Not Told of Water Contamination

By Sara A. Carter
April 15, 2004
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, Calif. Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News
as printed in the Miami Herald/Herald.com

Apr. 15--NORCO, Calif. - When Audrey Pavia moved to her home in Wild
Horse Estates, her dream became a reality.

As far back as she can remember, she has always wanted a ranch house
with property where she could keep her horses.

She thought she was safe when a disclosure document from her homebuilder
said that nearby Wyle Laboratories didn't pose a health threat.

But then she found out that Wyle is under investigation by the state
Department of Toxic Substances as a probable source of chemical soil and
groundwater contamination.

"I feel devastated," Pavia said. "I feel like someone has just kicked me
in the stomach. If I would have known everything I know now about the
laboratory, I wouldn't have purchased the home."

Wild Horse Estates -- built by the Curtis Development Corp. -- sits off
Fifth Street and Hillside Avenue adjacent to Wyle, a testing facility
for the U.S. Department of Defense and various aerospace industries
since the 1950s. It is known to have used cancer-causing agents and
various other chemicals that have been found on the property and in soil
tests performed on Hillside Avenue near residential neighborhoods.

for the entire story, see
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/business/national/8441104.htm

Need to find the right school to fit your needs
CollegeInformation.info has already found it. Get educated
on your future ? degrees, financial aid and more!
http://click.topica.com/caab8LbaVxieSa8wsBbf/ College Info