2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 6 May 2004 20:54:42 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: More Testing Proposed at Rocketdyne

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMVaVxieSa8wsBba/ ExpertCity

More Contaminant Testing Proposed

A Ventura County supervisor calls for an extra check by builders for
sites around the Rocketdyne field lab near Simi Valley.

By Catherine Saillant
Los Angeles Times
May 6, 2004

Development around Boeing's Rocketdyne test facility near Simi Valley
would be subject to another layer of environmental review if Ventura
County supervisors move forward with a proposal by board member Linda Parks.

The Board of Supervisors this week stopped short of endorsing Parks'
proposed guidelines outright, instead directing county staff members to
report back on whether the guidelines can be implemented without undue
cost to individual landowners.

Under the proposal, developers would be required to test soil and water
for the contaminants perchlorate and trichloroethylene before they could
build. Both substances are believed to be harmful at high levels.

The requirement would be in addition to environmental reviews already
mandated by state and federal laws.

Parks said an additional step was necessary because testing for the
contaminants was too spotty under current guidelines.

"Let's look to see if it's there, and if it's there to the extent it
exceeds our health goals, then consider mitigation," Parks told her
board colleagues Tuesday. "I really do consider this a no-brainer."

for the entire story, see
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-rocket6may06,1,5982200.story?coll=la-headlines-california

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caaccMMaVxieSa8wsBbf/ Sharebuilder