2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 12 May 2004 20:23:56 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Natick questions draft RAB rule

Cancel your low-carb diet. Lose weight. Choose your own
foods. Learn more about our program at:
http://click.topica.com/caaccM7aVxieSa8wsBba/ Dr. Smith

Board worries about changes in Natick Labs cleanup

By Sarah MacDonald
Metrowest Daily News (MA)
May 11, 2004

NATICK -- Selectmen will consider opposing new rules on oversight of
environmental cleanup at Natick Labs, but not before gathering more
information.

The board last night formed a subcommittee to respond to a Department of
Defense proposal which would allow Army officials to dissolve a watchdog
group that provides the only community input into cleanup.

"I think this is a bad idea," said Selectman Charlie Hughes. "But I
would like to make an effort at a well-reasoned response to the DOD."
 Marco Kaltofen, co-chairman of the Restoration Advisory Board, told
selectmen new rules proposed by the Department of Defense would allow
for less flexibility and community involvement through the cleanup
process.

The DOD rule would allow the base commander to dismantle the Restoration
Advisory Board if the cleanup is transferred to a private company.

for the entire story, see
http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=68025

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMSaVxieSa8wsBbf/ ExpertCity