2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 15 Jun 2004 21:28:53 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Dover AFB and birds

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqXaVxieSa8wsBba/ExpertCity

Kent waste facility files relocation plan
Bird hazard fears for DAFB allayed

By JAMES MERRIWEATHER
The News Journal (DE)
June 15, 2004

Owners of a municipal waste transfer station near Dover Air Force Base
have filed plans to move the facility, ending what military officials
have fought for two years as a potentially deadly bird hazard.

Kent County Levy Court President David R. Burris, R-Wyoming, disclosed
the plans Monday to about 200 government and civic leaders gathered for
an annual base construction briefing. Levy Court, he said, is expected
to act next month on an application to clear the way for the move.

Marc Shaener, vice president of Eastern Shore Environmental, said later
that the facility would be moved from its current location off Postles
Corner Road to a seven-acre site near the Kent County Wastewater
Treatment Plant outside Frederica.

He said several studies had demonstrated that the transfer station does
not pose a bird hazard for planes landing at and departing from the
base. But during negotiations with state, local and Air Force officials,
it became clear that moving the facility was the best solution for all,
he said.

for the entire article, see
http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/local/2004/06/15kentwast efacili.html

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caaciq1aVxieSa8wsBbf/UOP