2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 18 Jun 2004 18:40:20 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Ft. Dix/McGuire AFB BOMARC Site

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today ? APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caaciqQaVxieSa8wsBba/Discover Card

TCE plume located

By SUSAN T. GAZZARA
The Times (NJ)
Friday, June 18, 2004

PLUMSTED - A saturated layer of peat some 50 feet underground is the
source of a plume of chemical contamination emerging from the
long-closed BOMARC missile site off Route 539, according to Air Force
environmental engineers.

Engineer John Pohl said at a meeting of the McGuire Air Force Base
Restoration Advisory Board that a plume of trichloroethylene (TCE) -
discovered 17 years ago during evaluation work at the Boeing Michigan
Aeronautical Research Center facility - is coming from the layer of peat
at the eastern edge of the BOMARC compound.

The BOMARC site is located on 75 acres of the Fort Dix military
reservation. While the Army owns the land, the site has been leased by
the Air Force since the BOMARC facility opened.

The contaminated plume is spreading off Fort Dix property and into the
adjacent Colliers Mills Wildlife Refuge, Pohl said. The plume eventually
discharges into the Success Branch stream inside the wildlife refuge,
officials have said.

for the entire article, see
http://www.nj.com/news/times/index.ssf?/base/news-1/108754604415840.xml

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caaciq1aVxieSa8wsBbf/UOP