2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 1 Jul 2004 20:47:06 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: School in Davis-Monthan Flight Path to go

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacoW6aVxieSa8wsBba/MyDietPatches

Our opinion: Closing Keen right for kids, right for city

Tucson Citizen
Editorial
July 1, 2004

Students who attend Julia Keen Elementary School and their parents are
understandably upset at what appears to be the school's impending closure.

But Keen, in the flight path for Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, must be
closed by the Tucson Unified School District board. That closure would
correct an error made by the district a half-century ago.

 Keen should not have been built where it was. The school opened in 1954
southwest of East 29th Street and South Alvernon Way - 1 1/2 miles off
the end of D-M's main runway and in an area the military calls an
"accident potential zone."

for the entire editorial, see
http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/index.php?page=opinion&story_id=070104b4_edits

Get a FREE Mortgage Quote from Mortgage War. Simple application
for mortgage information. If you're ready to get a quote click
now!
http://click.topica.com/caacpgiaVxieSa8wsBbf/411Web