2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 30 Jul 2004 22:46:32 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Ft. Devens redevelopment

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacpgjaVxieSbnA7rua/OmahaSteaks

Projects include new Hospital Road bridge

By C. David Gordon
Harvard Hillside
July 30, 2004

DEVENS -- Aside from the Devens Common and Jackson Road projects, there
is more, less apparent redevelopment work going on at Devens.

For instance, MassHighway plans to reconstruct the Hospital Road bridge
over the Nashua River at Devens, according to William Burke,
MassDevelopment's senior vice president of operations.

Back in the Grant Road housing area, the tour passed sites now cleared
of buildings and pesticide-contaminated soil in preparation for the
second phase of housing at Devens.

Burke indicated the two specific locations at which PCB contamination
had been discovered. "Most of the work has been done," he said, with the
federal Environmental Protection Agency, Massachusetts Department of
Environmental Protection, and the Army awaiting test confirmation.

Any lead residue discovered from spent bullets from World War I firing
ranges in the vicinity will be removed, Burke said. Meanwhile,
"discussion continues" with Pulte Homes, the developer chosen to
construct up to 176 new homes in this area.

for the entire article, see
http://www.harvardhillside.com/Stories/0,1413,108~5342~2304386,00.html

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgIaVxieSbnA7ruf/Sharebuilder