2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 2 Sep 2004 17:23:44 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Lockheed wins ruling in Redlands case

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacBBEaVxieSbnA7rua/OmahaSteaks

Court rejects claim that Lockheed hid disposal records

By ROBERTO HERNANDEZ
Riverside Press-Enterprise (CA)
September 2, 2004

There was no evidence to support the claim that Lockheed Martin Corp.
intentionally hid potentially damaging evidence about its chemical
disposal practices at a former rocket-testing site, a state appeals
court has ruled.

A case that accuses the aerospace firm of contaminating Redlands area
groundwater and sickening hundreds of residents is expected to go to
trial later this year.

Lockheed has denied any wrongdoing and a company official Wednesday said
the appeals court ruling corroborates that.

"We feel entirely vindicated and we still firmly believe that this
litigation, much like these unfounded allegations of concealment, is
without merit," Lockheed spokeswoman Gail Rymer said by phone.

An attorney representing about 800 residents who claim Lockheed's
contamination made them sick did not respond Wednesday to a phone
message seeking comment.

for the entire article, see
http://www.pe.com/localnews/sanbernardino/stories/PE_News_Local_block02.57bb3.htm

Save on inkjet and toner, and get free shipping on orders over $50.
http://click.topica.com/caacBByaVxieSbnA7ruf/Inksoutlet