2005 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Stella Bourassa" <Stellalogic@cfl.rr.com>
Date: 4 Mar 2005 16:19:27 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] "U.S. seeking looser environmental laws"

"The Pentagon opposes having to remove unexploded ordnance from its
operational ranges. It also wants to delay cleanups until after
contamination spreads beyond military boundaries."

And who will pay to find out such facts?  If this is not the most insane
and, dare I say, asinine reasoning I"ve ever heard?!  Who is running the
Pentagon?  Do they 'just' not know or are they 'just' not believing or do
they ridicule and disregard all the research by those paid and unpaid-UXO's
CAUSE contamination that affects the health and welfare of the environment
and human beings or am I being to 'Polly-annish' to believe that those in
the Pentagon do 'care' about humans and the environment?

So let me summarize this by my 'reasoning skills'-the Pentagon is not
protecting our men and women who are protecting us (and please no emails
from the dangers of removing UXO's-EOD personnel are very 'upfront' about
such dangers), they either do not believe or are disregarding the
contamination issues.  They also do not care about the additional costs
incurred AFTER contamination 'goes offsite' nor the fact that it is now
affecting non-military personnel-oh wait a minute, if they do not care about
the military personnel who they 'are over', gee, golly, why would I even
start to think they would care about the non-military personnel?  I must
have had a lapse in my 'reasoning skills'.  They would rather continue to
'make messes they have no intention of cleaning up' because at some point a
base will go into BRAC status and they are hoping to 'pass the buck-opps I
mean bill' to those who might 'buy' it.  Is my summation off?

Stella