2005 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 8 Nov 2005 00:30:17 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Luke Air Force Base (AZ) and encroachment

LAFB better off than decade ago

By Jill R. Goodman
Independent Newspapers (AZ)
November 7, 2005

Luke Air Force Base is better off now than 10 years ago, a Luke AFB
official told the Glendale City Council last week.

During a Nov. 1 City Council briefing, Rusty Mitchell, director of the
Luke AFB community initiatives team, shared strides made in protecting
the F-16 pilot training base annexed by Glendale in 1995.

"We have literally gone from being known as the 'encroachment problem'
back in Washington to the model of compatibility and land-use decisions
around Luke Air Force Base," Mr. Mitchell said. "Our position has never
been to stop development; it has always been to communicate with either
the cities or the county, (and) the landowners so that we have
compatible development around the base. And we have achieved that in
spades over the last two years."

?

For the entire article, see
http://www.newszap.com/articles/2005/11/07/az/west_valley/ahr03.txt