2005 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 12 Dec 2005 05:40:47 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Army to search for offshore chemical weapons dumps

DOD orders Army to find dumpsites
A high-ranking official promises a comprehensive effort to locate long-lost chemical weapons.

BY JOHN M.R. BULL
Hampton Roads Daily Press (VA)
December 10, 2005

The military is plowing through old records to find any and all information on the Army's ocean dumping of chemical weapons decades ago, a high priority effort to determine where they all are located and what danger they pose today.

The Army hopes to finish its record search by the end of March, said Addison Davis, an assistant secretary of the Army.

"What we're conducting right now is probably the most comprehensive search on records ... that has ever been done," he said. "Our goal is to compile the best, most comprehensive, up-to-date information possible."

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-35327sy0dec10,1,4001879.story?ctrack=1&cset=true