2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 12 Feb 2006 18:06:03 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Maryland noise warning proposal

Real Estate disclosure bill will help Navy

State Senator Roy Dyson's [MD] Newsletter
February 11, 2006:

Senator Dyson For the second time this year, I have introduced a bill that I believe will be greatly beneficial to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station as well as other military installations in the State of Maryland.

This legislation, Senate Bill 253, will add a small paragraph to the Maryland real estate contract that simply states that a real estate agent must inform a prospective homebuyer that their property is located near a military installation that conducts flight operations, munitions testing, or military operations that may result in high noise levels.

Certainly, homebuyers in Southern Maryland know there is a major base that conducts numerous flight missions throughout the year. Same as in Indian Head. They are fully aware of this because the Southern Maryland real estate contracts has contained this clause for years. This bill passed through the Senate with a strong vote last year, but did not pass the House Environmental Matters Committee. However, Delegate John Bohanan has filed the same bill in the House so I anticipate a better outcome.

For the entire statement, see
http://somd.com/news/dyson/articles/214.shtml

-- Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 http://www.cpeo.org _______________________________________________ Military mailing list Military@list.cpeo.org http://www.cpeo.org/mailman/listinfo/military