2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 26 Apr 2006 23:32:40 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] San Diego (CA) airports

Airport 'Father' Praises Baby

By ROB DAVIS
Voice of San Diego (CA)
April 26, 2006

The man often called the father of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority weighed in on his baby Monday night, offering both praise and criticism of the authority's push to solve the region's airport capacity crunch.

During a KPBS-led forum about the region's military-civilian rift -- exacerbated by the airport authority's search -- former State Sen. Steve Peace steered clear of questions about what the ballot language should say, while acknowledging that Miramar will be the likely choice.

Putting off the decision any longer would be a mistake, Peace said, because it would only serve to narrow the region's remaining options.

"We're going to survive," Peace said. "Either way, we're going to be better off. The important thing is -- make a decision."

http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/site/apps/nl/content2.asp?c=euLTJbMUKvH&b=412359&ct=2282023

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org