2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 2 Jun 2006 04:12:19 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Hanford (WA) cleanup money a challenge

Murray: Cleanup money to be a challenge

By Annette Cary Mid-Columbia Tri-City Herald (WA) June 1, 2006

Getting adequate money for Hanford cleanup will be a challenge this year, said Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., during a visit to the Tri-Cities on Wednesday.

With the war in Iraq and other issues putting pressure on the federal budget, senators and representatives are looking at anything they can take out of the budget, she said.

"We're a big target because we're a big number," she said.

It's not just Congress that the Washington delegation has to convince of the importance of paying for cleanup of the nuclear reservation, but also the Department of Energy. ...

For the entire article, see
http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/local/story/7789103p-7702350c.html

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org