2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 24 Jun 2006 06:11:56 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] China Lake Naval Air Weapons Station (CA) encroachment

Local leaders respond to concerns about growth: Fellow council members discuss Clark's comments at meeting

JOHN V. CIANI Ridgecrest Daily Independent (CA) June 23, 2006

Responding to Vice Mayor Dan Clark's comments expressing concern about a Naval Air Weapons Station air corridor and the city's growth, local leaders said efforts are under way to come up with a plan to accommodate local growth and sustain the base's mission.

At Wednesday's Ridgecrest City Council meeting, Clark expressed concern that the city's is boxed in with little opportunity to grow to support our future Base Realignment and Closure decisions.

"We've had a long, ongoing dialog with the base, and we'll continue to have that," said Mayor Chip Holloway. "I'm confident in our relationship, and I think we'll be all right."

http://www.ridgecrestca.com/articles/2006/06/23/news/news00.txt

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org