2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 25 Jun 2006 06:06:06 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Camp Lejeune (NC) amendment approved

Senate OKs base water investigation

CHRIS MAZZOLINI
JACKSONVILLE DAILY NEWS (NC)
June 24,2006

A Senate amendment that passed Thursday may force the National Academy of Sciences to thoroughly investigate Camp Lejeune's past water contamination and report their findings back to Congress.

For the far-flung community of people who claim to have been made ill by bad base water, that unanimous vote spells relief at last.

"I think I literally screamed (when I found out)," said Terry Dyer, whose group "The Stand" has been fighting for six years through bureaucratic sludge for answers. "It's like something good has finally started coming out of this thing."

http://www.jdnews.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Template=/GlobalTemplates/Details.cfm&StoryID=42802&Section=News

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org