2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Stella Bourassa" <Stellalogic@cfl.rr.com>
Date: 10 Sep 2006 17:33:32 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] NY Guardsmen and DU dust - in court

This article strikes at one of the many dangers of ordnance to humans and
the environment and cover ups by the military regarding the same.

I can attest to the disabilities suffered by the offspring of those who
served with honor and integrity while working with severely disabled
children with two examples.  One was a beautiful little girl born with the
appearance of 'normalcy' to a couple after he returned from the first Iraq
war.  She grew progessively worse with each passing year, her parents taking
her to the best hospitals in the nation.  Today she is a teenager, severely
disabled with 'no diagnosis' regarding her physical and mental condtions.
Her parents finally 'pieced it together' the last couple of years with his
service in the Gulf.

The second was a beautiful little girl born on the Marshall Islands (one of
our 'favorite' nuclear testing sites) and adopted by a couple stateside.
She was a perfect little girl, completely normal minus the fact of having no
eyes.  This is unheard of 'medically' for with such a devastating disablity
comes several others (which we had such a little girl born in the USA and
who did indeed have several other disablities along with the lack of her
eyes).  This couple goes to the Marshall Islands often and have shared how
the newborns are suffering with greater disabilites at birth-one in
particular is 'jelly bones'.

As 'graphic' as this may sound, it's 'mild' compared to the other defects
I've seen and heard about.  For me, chemical contamination was never 'just
about' new and better technology-it was about the people who suffered from
the effects.

I often mull over 'pick your battles carefully'-what other battles are going
to be waged due to the choices being made today by our government and
military?

Stella