2007 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 14 Jul 2007 22:20:03 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] American Beryllium (FL) worker seeks compensation

Former worker sues Lockheed, seeks compensation for Tallevast beryllium exposure

Sarasota Herald Tribune
July 13, 2007

TALLEVAST - For 21 years, Charlie Ziegler worked as a janitor and maintenance worker at the American Beryllium Co. plant in Tallevast.

The company built parts for nuclear warheads for the federal government for nearly 40 years. One byproduct was beryllium dust, a substance that can cause breathing difficulties and other lung diseases, including cancer.

“I used to work in the beryllium dust; I used to dump the beryllium,” Ziegler said. “I used to do that every day.”

Now Ziegler is seeking damages from Lockheed Martin for breathing problems he says stems from exposure to beryllium.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20070713/NEWS/707130376

See also http://www.bradenton.com/280/story/96884.html