2007 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2007 05:03:21 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Florida partnership

Florida's Military Partnership Highlighted at DOD Conference
Conference focuses on commitment to the nation's military, environmental protection

Emerald Coast (FL)
August 1, 2007

Florida Department of Environmental Protection Secretary Michael Sole joined Lt. Gov. Jeff Kottkamp and military officials at the Department of Defense's 2007 Sustaining Military Readiness Conference.

The conference, which began Monday, July 30, continues through Friday, Aug. 3 at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, and highlights the unique partnership between Florida and the Department of Defense.

"The Florida Department of Environmental Protection values the strong and long-standing rapport we have enjoyed over many decades with the 21 military installations and 3 unified commands in Florida, and the men and women based in our state serving our country," said Sole. "Innovative partnerships between Florida and the military installations based here are a model for sustaining the environment, increasing national security and strengthening our economy."

http://community.emeraldcoast.com/news/florida_17271___article.html/military_environmental.html