2007 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2007 06:08:54 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Hillsborough, NJ mercury storage depot

Plans on schedule for mercury removal from 2nd depot

By PAMELA SROKA-HOLZMANN
Bridgewater Courier-News (NJ)
August 20, 2007

HILLSBOROUGH -- A plan to truck 2,615 metric tons of mercury stored in the General Services Administration Depot to Nevada will occur, as scheduled, by the end of the month, federal government officials say.

Angie Lundberg, spokeswoman for Rep. Mike Ferguson, R-New Providence, said Thursday there would not be a delay in the removal of the mercury, adding that she has been in contact with the federal government's Defense Logistics Agency about the move.

"We're in routine contact with DLA -- including as recently as today -- about their plans to transfer the mercury from Hillsborough, and we're confident that the transfer will remain on schedule," Lundberg said.

http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070819/NEWS/708190304