2007 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 26 Aug 2007 04:06:08 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Ft. Worth Naval Air Station Joint Land use Study

Meeting to consider base zoning restrictions

By Chris Vaughn
Fort Worth Star-Telegram (TX)
August 25, 2007

Thousands of homeowners and property owners around Naval Air Station Fort Worth get their first opportunity Monday to hear how possible zoning changes and development restrictions could affect them.

The Joint Land Use Study committee is nearing completion of an examination prompted by concerns from Navy and civic leaders that development around the base is too close and is happening too fast.

The last public hearing hosted by the committee in April drew fewer than 100 people, and only a handful rose to speak.

Officials are hoping for a bigger crowd Monday and have mailed tens of thousands of fliers with eye-grabbing headlines such as "If we don't change the way we develop our land and construct our buildings, we could lose the Naval Air Station and its economic benefits."

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/213499.html