2008 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:01:13 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] COMMUNITY: Re: MEDIA UPDATE: SENATOR TO PRESS ARMY ON TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR BADGER ADVISORY BOARD

According to local activists at the Badger Army Ammunition Plant, the Army is trying to prohibit the Restoration Advisory Board's Technical Assistance for Public Participation (TAPP) consultant "from expressing a professional opinion for or against a selected remedial action."

I hope this is just a misunderstanding. As someone who was instrumental in the establishment of the TAPP program, I believe it is essential that local communities have access to independent technical advice. It not only benefits the community, but by enabling community members to give thoughtful, constructive input it makes it easier for the installation and the regulators to do their job well, too.

Lenny