2008 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:09:03 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] HEALTH: Ft. Bragg (NC) asbestos

Father faults Army for asbestos contamination

By Paul Woolverton
Fayetteville Observer (NC)
December 9, 2008

The father of a Fort Bragg soldier said Monday that the Army badly handled an asbestos contamination in a Bragg barracks building last week.

The father, Evon Colchiski of Ocala, Fla., thinks the soldiers who live in the building should be monitored for years for asbestos-caused diseases, such as lung cancer. The heating system may have spread asbestos dust throughout the barracks, he said.

"My son is extremely concerned about his health and the health of the other soldiers that are continually being housed in this building. What are we going to do?" Colchiski said.

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=312595