2010 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Cfwoemp@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 05:10:08 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] CLOSURE: South Weymouth Naval Air Station (MA) landfill

Cathy, I can understand your frustration and anger.  As a former (retired) government (Caltrans) employee  it just amazes me of how slow sometimes the government is to adapt/change and accept new technology and techniques to deal with either old or new situations.  I learned from experience (40 years) that new concepts and techniques usually start in the field and are applied by individuals that have a sense of responsibility and caring, and want to deal with situations in a safe, efficient and responsible manner.  These are the people who "get things done" usually in a better and safer way, and then the "higher ups" will claim the recognition for bringing about "progress".  I'm not saying that this is the way in all situations, as there are a lot of good and caring people out there, but there is also a lot of arrogance, greed and stupidity too.
I guess I just "sounded off" too, sorry.  Craig F. Woempner, San Diego Calif.