2011 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 14:50:14 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] WATER: Arnold Engineering Development Center(TN) ethylene glycol

BREAKING: AEDC water contaminated; employees should bring drinking water

Shelbyville Times-Gazette (TN)
January 29, 2011

The commander of Arnold Engineering Development Center has directed employees not to use the potable water on base because of contaminants found Friday.

The workforce was alerted late Friday after ethylene glycol was found in one building's water supply, according to an AEDC news release on Saturday.

"Yesterday we sampled the water in the ELA area (where many of our smaller vacuum chambers are located) and after it was analyzed, we discovered low levels of ethylene glycol," AEDC Commander, Col. Michael Panarisi, said in the news release. "We then issued a no drinking/no contact order for the entire industrial area of base."

After the initial finding, base environmental and industrial hygiene experts initiated a standard contamination check procedure, and found lower levels of ethylene glycol at other locations on base.

http://www.t-g.com/story/1699077.html