2011 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 08:48:55 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] FUEL: Yuma Marine Corps Air Station (AZ) estimates size of leak

MCAS Yuma leak spilled about 74,000 gallons of fuel

BY JAMES GILBERT
Yuma Sun (AZ)
December 22, 2011
Although it has since been repaired, station officials continue to investigate the extent and cause of last month's fuel line leak at Marine Corps Air Station Yuma.

"We are committed to ensuring the safety of the community in which we also reside," stated Col. Robert Kuckuk, MCAS Yuma Commanding Officer. "The Marine Corps is a responsible steward of the environment and remains committed to ongoing environmental cleanup and repair efforts."

As of Dec. 19, according to a news release issued by the base, station and environmental management officials have located and repaired the fuel leak source, a small hole in a fuel monitoring pipe, and are working to determine the full extent of the contamination.

http://www.yumasun.com/news/fuel-75413-station-officials.html