2012 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:42:20 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] COMMUNITIES: "Committee suggests simplifying jargon-filled Savannah River Site (SC) documents"

Committee suggests simplifying jargon-filled Savannah River Site documents

By Rob Pavey
Augusta Chronicle (GA)
February 14, 2012

Politicians might not always speak in plain language, but the federal government is supposed to, according to a committee that wants Savannah River Site to do a better job.

There’s even a law that requires public documents be simple enough for the masses, wrote members of the SRS Citizens Advisory Board, in a request to Energy Department site manager David Moody.

Citing the Plain Writing Act of 2010, the board said many of the site’s complex and acronym-studded public documents fall short of the Federal Plain Language Guidelines.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-news/2012-02-14/committee- suggests-simplifying-jargon-filled-savannah-river-site-documents