2012 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 09:31:42 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] HERBICIDES, HEALTH: "Veterans: Westover [Air Force Base, MA] planes fouled with Agent Orange"

Veterans: Westover planes fouled with Agent Orange April 01, 2012, 5:01 AM

By Jeanette DeForge
Springfield Republican (MA)
April 1, 2012
CHICOPEE - For nine years they flew in them, they fixed them and they treated patients in them.

Now, three decades later, veterans of the 439th Tactical Airlift Wing at Westover Air Reserve Base believe those airplanes are responsible for making them sick.

Unknown to the veterans, the C-123 Providers, which had previously flown in Vietnam, were contaminated with Agent Orange.

"We have crew members who are sick. We have crew members who have died ... We have people who aren’t even sick yet," said retired Air Force Major Wesley T. Carter, who served as an air medical technician and flight instructor and examiner with Westover’s 74th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron for 20 years and flew in the C-123s from 1974 to 1980.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/ westover_planes_fouled_with_ag.html