2012 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 12:08:15 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] WATER, COMMUNITIES: "Public speaks on Badger [Ammo Plant, WI] water plan"

Public speaks on Badger water plan

By Tim Damos
Baraboo News Republic (WI)
April 27, 2012

Only one of the nearly 70 comments submitted to a state agency directly supported the U.S. Army’s proposed solution to groundwater pollution at a former weapons plant south of Baraboo.

More than two-thirds of the comments were critical of the Army’s plan, and about 15 commentators took no position or requested additional information. The Department of Natural Resources provided copies of the written comments to the Baraboo News Republic following an open records request.

"It is very important that the DNR does whatever it can to enforce active environmental restoration at Badger within reasonable means," Marge Hill of Merrimac wrote to the DNR. "The Army needs to take responsibility to clean up the mess it has created."

http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsrepublic/news/local/ article_13409924-90c6-11e1-ae82-001a4bcf887a.html

278-A Hope Street, Mountain View, CA 94041
Voice: 650-961-8918 or 650-969-1545
Fax: 650-961-8918