2013 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 09:50:26 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] RADIATION: "Navy aims to calm controversy over Magnuson Park contamination, " Seattle, WA

Navy holds public meeting on radioactive material at Magnuson Park

by KING 5 TV-News (Seattle, WA)
July 18, 2013

The Navy got another chance Thursday night to explain how it will clean up radioactive materials at a Seattle’s Magnuson Park and why the public was not informed of the problem for three years.

Several dozen neighbors and concerned citizens showed up to hear what the Navy had to say.

"We're responsible for the contamination and all we want to do is clean it up," said Cindy O'Hare, who is the Navy's Base Realignment and Closure Environmental Coordinator.

For the entire story, see
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Navy-to-explain-radioactive-cleanup- at-Magnuson-Park-at-public-meeting-216096221.html