2015 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 22:41:57 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] RADIATION, FORMER SITES: "Yards along Coldwater Creek are contaminated with radioactive waste, " St. Louis County, MO

Army Corps: Yards along Coldwater Creek are contaminated with radioactive waste

By Véronique LaCapra
St. Louis Public Radio (MO)
August 19, 2015

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has confirmed that it has found radioactive contamination at residential properties along Coldwater Creek in north St. Louis County.

Mike Petersen, the chief of public affairs for the Corps' St. Louis District, said as of right now, "low-dose" contamination had been found in the soil around "a handful" of homes immediately adjacent to the creek between Frost Avenue and St. Denis Bridge. He was not able to specify the exact number of properties affected.

"We did personally notify those property owners of the contamination, and we’re initiating the remedial documents so that we can get out there and do the remediation in the near future," Petersen said. "But we do want to complete what we’re doing here at St. Cin Park first."

…

For the entire article, see
http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/army-corps-yards-along-coldwater-creek-are-contaminated-radioactive-waste

278-A Hope Street