2016 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 13:07:34 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFCs, HEALTH: "Air Force, CDC to monitor water health effects" at former Pease AFB (NH)

Air Force, CDC to monitor water health effects

By Jeff McMenemy
Portsmouth Herald (NH)
March 3. 2016

PORTSMOUTH — Air Force Secretary Deborah James said the Air Force is working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to monitor the health of people exposed to contaminated water at the former Pease base.

“We are going to clean the water and we are also working with the CDC on the matter of developing a plan for health monitoring,” James said Thursday in response to a question from U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H. “They have the lead but we’re working with them.”

Ayotte questioned James about the cleanup of the contaminated water at the former Pease Air Force Base during a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing. Ayotte noted during the hearing that “the Air Force submitted a report last September and found that as of Sept. 15 there were thousands of service members both active duty and guard as well as civilians that may have been exposed to the PFCs there.”

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/20160303/air-force-cdc-to-monitor-water-health-effects