2016 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 18:05:22 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] COMMUNITIES, RADIATION: Savannah River Site (SC) "Citizens Advisory Board voices concerns"

SRS Citizens Advisory Board voices concerns

By Chris Guarder
SJBF TV-6 News
March 28, 2016

AUGUSTA, GA – Those living around the Savannah River Site are discussing the impact the facility has on the surroundings.The SRS Citizens Advisory Board or CAB held a meeting Monday to talk about how the site might affect the CSRA.

SRS committees briefed the Citizens Advisory Board on natural resource management, ecology lab results, and liquid waste developments.One of the biggest concerns voiced was a supposed leak in an evaporator tank. Jim Giusti with the Department of Energy says, “The evaporator is a big pot that we put liquid high-level waste into to evaporate it down to reduce the volume we have to store in the waste tanks. It has sprung a leak in it.”

…

For the entire article, see
http://wjbf.com/2016/03/28/srs-citizens-advisory-board-voices-concerns/