2016 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 22:01:54 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] MUNITIONS, GLOBAL: British Army bans use of live 105 mm ammunition

Army Guns Fall Silent Over Safety Concerns

British Forces News
April 13, 2016

The Ministry of Defence has confirmed to Forces TV that there is a worldwide ban on the use of 105mm live ammunition.

It comes after a batch of High Explosive L31 rounds was identified as having metallic contamination that makes them unsafe to use.

An MoD spokesperson said:

“The safety of our Armed Forces is of paramount importance, and the manufacture and use of 105mm live ammunition, which is used by a small number of British Army regiments, has been stopped while an isolated incident of metallic contamination is investigated. We are working with the supplier to understand when manufacture can safely restart.”

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.bfbs.com/news/articles/army/6026