2016 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 07:00:44 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] "'Lots of progress' reported on Kirkland [Air Force Base] cleanup"

‘Lots of progress’ reported on Kirkland cleanup

By Charles D. Brunt
Albuquerque Journal (NM)
April 21, 2016

Kirtland Air Force Base is making “lots of progress” in its efforts to clean up pollution from a jet fuel spill that was decades in the making, the lead scientist with the Air Force Civil Engineer Center, the agency overseeing the cleanup, told about 70 people attending a public meeting Tuesday night.

“In December of 2015 we brought on the full-scale groundwater treatment system – the pump-and-treat system, as we like to call it, said Adria Bodour, who has been leading the Air Force’s cleanup efforts since 2014.

“It has already extracted 52 million gallons of EDB-contaminated water, and we’ve removed 20 grams of EDB in that process so far,” she said.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.abqjournal.com/760687/news/lots-of-progress-reported-on-kirtland-cleanup.html