2016 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 07:42:09 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFCs: "Health and safety constant concerns for Ellsworth Air Force Base" (SD)

Health and safety constant concerns for Ellsworth Air Force Base

By Nicole Tschetter
KOTA-TV (Rapid City, SD)
April 28, 2016

It's a simple, but important mission.

“The air force is committed to protecting human health and the environment,” Melody Jensen, Ellsworth Restoration Program Manager, said.

And, that's exactly what Ellsworth Air Force Base is doing by working with contractors , the Environmental Protection Agency , and South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources since the1990's.

“Going on right now on the base this week is our large annual sampling event, where we sample approximately 300 wells across Ellsworth. This is the information we use to monitor our contaminated plumes,” Jensen said.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.kotatv.com/content/news/Health-and-safety-constant-concerns-for-Ellsworth-Air-Force-Base--377474501.html