2016 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 22:21:57 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFCs, COMMUNITIES: "Pease [NH] water community group mulls health study"

Pease water community group mulls health study

By Jeff McMenemy
Seacoast Online (NH)
May 3. 2016

PORTSMOUTH – The Community Assistance Panel for the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry began what they acknowledged would be the substantial work needed to decide if they can conduct a health study for people exposed to contaminated water at the former Pease Air Force Base.

Jimmy Stephens, the director of the division of technology and human health studies for ATSDR, told community assistance panel (CAP) members “this is going to require a lot of time in the coming months as we have meetings and phone calls.”

Stephens said CAP members can advise the ATSDR “about ways that we can help the community and specifically if there’s things we can do.”

That includes, Stephens said, whether they could do “a health study or other types of studies or other types of activities to determine more about the health effects of the contamination of the water,” at a city-owned well at the Pease International Tradeport.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.seacoastonline.com/article/20160503/NEWS/160509735