2016 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 10:10:21 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] GLOBAL, HERBICIDES: "US-VN start second phase of dioxin contamination treatment at Danang Airport, " Viet Nam

US-VN start second phase of dioxin contamination treatment at Danang Airport

VietNamNet Bridge
October 18, 2016

Today, Vietnam and the United States jointly commemorated the start of the second and final phase of thermal treatment at the Danang Airport.

This phase will remediate a second batch of approximately 45,000 cubic meters of dioxin- contaminated soil and sediment under a project that is greatly benefiting the people of Danang and is of historic importance for the bilateral relationship.

U.S. Ambassador Ted Osius and Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Chi Vinh, Vietnam’s Vice Minister of National Defense, ceremoniously switched on the thermal treatment system with many U.S. and Vietnamese government officials, representatives of foreign embassies and development partners and media representatives in attendance.

“I am encouraged by how this project continues to be a symbol of our honesty about the past, dealing with what remains, and turning an issue of contention into one of collaboration. Both Vietnamese and Americans together enjoy great benefits from our growing friendship,” said Ambassador Osius.

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/fms/society/165440/us-vn-start-second-phase-of-dioxin-contamination-treatment-at-danang-airport.html

Voice/Fax: 650/961-8918