2016 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 12:32:20 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFCs: "Wells on Whidbey [Island, WA] to be tested for toxic firefighting foam"

Wells on Whidbey to be tested for toxic firefighting foam

Everett Herald (WA)
November 11, 2016

OAK HARBOR - The Navy will test wells on Whidbey Island to see if drinking water is contaminated with potentially hazardous chemicals used in firefighting foam.

Wells within a mile radius of sites at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island’s Ault Field Base and Outlying Field Coupeville will be tested in the next month, base Public Affairs Officer Mike Welding confirmed.

Island County Public Health Director Keith Higman said it’s likely Coupeville’s primary well, located near OLF Coupeville, will be among those tested.

http://www.heraldnet.com/news/navy-will-test-wells-on-whidbey-for-possibly-hazardous-contaminants/

Voice/Fax: 650/961-8918