2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 23:59:19 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] CLOSURE: Congress to consider new round

Top Dem plans to reintroduce base closure plan

BY REBECCA KHEEL
The Hill (DC)
January 26, 2017

The top Democrat on the House Armed Services Committee says he's planning to reintroduce a bill that would allow the Pentagon to close excess military bases.

Rep. Adam Smith’s (D-Wash.) announcement comes after Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Jack Reed (D-R.I.), the leaders of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said they are considering the possibility of closing bases to cut spending.

“We should not be wasting hard-earned taxpayer money to maintain excess infrastructure that [the Department of Defense] has determined it does not need,” Smith said in a statement Thursday.

…

For the entire article, see
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/316325-top-dem-plans-to-reintroduce-base-closure-plan-after-mccain-says-hes

Voice/Fax: 650/961-8918