2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:19:21 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PERCHLORATE: "effort to recycle contaminated water in the Santa Clarita Valley, " CA

[I have long noticed that perchlorate groundwater contamination is disproportionately found in Republic Congressional districts. - LS]

Knight’s legislation would clean contaminated water

By GINA ENDER
Santa Clarita Valley Signal (CA)
April 25, 2017

In an effort to recycle contaminated water in the Santa Clarita Valley, Congressman Steve Knight (R-Antelope Valley) introduced a bill Tuesday to treat areas contaminated by perchlorate.

Under the House of Representatives Bill 2116, known as the Perchlorate Reclamation and Water Replenishment Act, the Secretary of the Interior would develop projects with local water agencies to capture, treat and distribute recycled water affected by perchlorate.

“While California’s water outlook has improved this year, we still must take steps to ensure we have a clean and abundant water supply in the Santa Clarita Valley,” Knight said in a statement. “This legislation is a local priority that would bring relief to communities.”

…

For the entire article, see
https://signalscv.com/2017/04/25/knights-legislation-clean-contaminated-water/

Executive Director