2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 20:10:44 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] RADIATION, FORMER SITES: Luckey, Ohio Manhattan Project site

Officials tour facility where nuclear production dirt would go

By DEBBIE ROGERS
Bowling Green Sentinel-Tribune (OH)
August 14, 2017

WALBRIDGE -- After a tour of a local landfill and a talk by the Army Corps of Engineers, officials from both the village and Northwood are more accepting of the dirt from the former Luckey nuclear production site that is expected to be shipped there this fall.

"I can't say it changed my mind; it made me more comfortable with it," said Sue Hart-Douglas, president of Walbridge Council.

Village and Northwood officials were given separate tours at the end of last month. The Army Corps of Engineers also gave an informative talk, said Bob Anderson, Northwood administrator.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.sent-trib.com/news/front_page/officials-tour-facility-where-nuclear-production-dirt-would-go/article_7e313aa9-6a10-5c91-b8b9-573a37d4ad0d.html

Executive Director