2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 05:35:50 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] CHEMWEAPONS, FORMER SITES: "Spring Valley [DC] munitions cleanup to scrutinize AU president’s residence"

Spring Valley munitions cleanup to scrutinize AU president’s residence

Northwest Current (DC)
September 27, 2017

The Army Corps of Engineers plans to drill 12 to 15 holes in the basement of 4835 Glenbrook Road NW, after environmental remediation workers suffered apparent chemical exposure along the Spring Valley home’s property line.

The property - the currently vacant official residence for American University’s president - adjoins the neighborhood’s most infamous address: 4825 Glenbrook, where the Army’s cleanup efforts have included razing a home and excavating down to bedrock.

The news came at the Sept. 12 meeting of the Restoration Advisory Board, a body that oversees the Army’s cleanup of World War I-era munitions and chemical contami- nation in Spring Valley and the American University campus. “We didn’t see any of this previously,” the Army’s Brenda Barber said at the meeting.

…

For the entire article,  go to
https://currentnewspapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/NW-09-27-17.pdf
and scroll to page 3.