2020 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 17:27:39 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE: "Richmond [CA] approves 1, 450 homes, commercial buildings at Point Molate"

Richmond approves 1,450 homes, commercial buildings at Point Molate
Plans for the Richmond peninsula site have long been debated

By ANNIE SCIACCA
Bay Area News Group
September 9, 2020

RICHMOND - City leaders have approved a controversial plan that will change a large portion of Richmond’s northern bayfront by injecting 1,450 homes and more than 400,000 square feet of commercial space on the Point Molate peninsula, the site of a former military base.

The City Council’s action Tuesday night culminated a decades-old battle between those who see the future project as a beacon for new jobs, needed housing and economic vitality and others who view it as an environmental disaster.

“I don’t want to see Point Molate fenced off for another 10 years. I want to see a project that has something for everyone. … I want to see a neighborhood at Point Molate,” Mayor Tom Butt said.
…

For the entire article, see
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/09/09/controversial-point-molate-housing-project-to-move-forward-with-city-council-approval/

Executive Director