2020 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 11:11:34 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] COMMUNITIES, ENERGY DEPARTMENT: "Piketon [OH]Councilman not reappointed to SSAB"

[This is NOT the way Advisory Boards are supposed to work! - LS]

Piketon Councilman not reappointed to SSAB

By Rick Greene
Southern Ohio Today
November 11, 2020

A local councilman who was a member of the Portsmouth Site Specific Advisory Board has not been reappointed to the board despite two years remaining on his six-year term limit.

The Portsmouth SSAB is a board made up of volunteers from Jackson, Pike, Ross and Scioto counties that provides advice to the U.S. Department of Energy on matters related to the Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant near Piketon.

Dennis Foreman, a member of the Piketon Village Council, had served a pair of two-year terms on the board, but DOE did not approve his third two-year term.

“I was told the new (membership) package came out and I was not included in the new one. I asked why I was not included and was told the decision was made on multiple levels and that it was final,” Foreman said. “They gave me no explanation.”

…

For the entire article, see
https://southernohiotoday.com/piketon-councilman-not-reappointed-to-ssab/

Executive Director