2020 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 21:33:30 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE, MUNITIONS, ENERGY DEPARTMENT: Los Alamos "County [NM] Not Prepared To Accept Conveyance Of Rendija Canyon Land Under Terms Offered By DOE "

County Not Prepared To Accept Conveyance Of Rendija Canyon Land Under Terms Offered By DOE

BY MAIRE O’NEILL
Los Alamos Reporter (NM)
December 3, 2020

Los Alamos County Council has notified the Department of Energy that it is not prepared to accept the the conveyance of land in Rendija Canyon on the terms DOE has offered.

In 2002, DOE agreed to convey the land to the County remediated to residential levels.

“The County discussed other options for reuse with NNSA but those options never included a restriction that does not permit the safe use of the land,” Council Chair Sara Scott said in a November 20 letter to NNSA Los Alamos Field Office Manager Mike Weis. She said the Conveyance Agreement for the cleanup of Rendija Canyon has not been amended by the County or NNSA

…

For the entire article, see
https://losalamosreporter.com/2020/12/03/county-not-prepared-to-accept-conveyance-of-rendija-canyon-land-under-terms-offered-by-doe/

Executive Director